To saltwater or not to saltwater...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RocknOside

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
That is the question... I've had a nano 5g freshwater aquarium for a few months now and have bitten...

So now I am the proud owner of a 70g aquarium (previously used for saltwater), and I am torn... To saltwater or not??

I know that I am a "novice" to this hobby, and if popular opinion believes that I shall be more successful with a freshwater I am game. Unfortunately, i must beg the question.

Opinions? thoughts? Cost-related struggles?

Stick with freshwater for now, or dive off the deep end....

Go! haha

If you have the money, saltwater isn't that hard.

What gets hard is nano tanks. They have lots of parameter swings if not monitored.

A 70g would be great start, again if you have the money.

Caleb

Go with the bigger tank first. If you have the time then Sw will be ok. If you don't have the time then I suggest you not go with SW. We have some good SW articles in our articles section.

If you don't have any saltwater equipment you will need a skimmer heaters good lighting led or t5 live rock around 10kg per gallon so 70kgs ro water for top offs and salt for mixing water changes etc... It is easier with a bigger tank like they say above and I think the fish and corals look a lot nicer than tropical I made the change from fresh to salt a Cole years ago and wouldn't go back but it is expensive to set up

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom