To skim or not to skim?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I use the aqua c remora S hob skimmer and I love it!! It's on my 55g reef tank. My water params are great, no cyano EVER, had a small diatom episode when started tank, but the conch took care of that quickly. :) and the cup is easy to empty, so that's nice. :)

Beengirl said:
I use the aqua c remora S hob skimmer and I love it!! It's on my 55g reef tank. My water params are great, no cyano EVER, had a small diatom episode when started tank, but the conch took care of that quickly. :) and the cup is easy to empty, so that's nice. :)

Thats the one i want :0 what is that pump they try to sell you for?

Because you have to buy the pump separately. Some skimmers come with one, this one doesn't.

Go with the aquamaxx hob ll, rated for 75 gal and has been a beast for me over the last 2 years. I recently moved and decided not to set it up and in a couple months I started to have more algae growth than normal, I decided to set the skimmer back up and I noticed a difference in 24hr. A skimmer is def worth it if you are not a 10% weekly water change type of person.

navaljonf said:
Go with the aquamaxx hob ll, rated for 75 gal and has been a beast for me over the last 2 years. I recently moved and decided not to set it up and in a couple months I started to have more algae growth than normal, I decided to set the skimmer back up and I noticed a difference in 24hr. A skimmer is def worth it if you are not a 10% weekly water change type of person.

Nice ima se what i can get :)

Back
Top Bottom