toadstool and orange/green polyp tips?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jereli

Aquarium Advice Freak
so i just purchased some orange/green polyps and a leather toadstool from my local fish store..does any one have any advice or tips regarding any of the two? as far as feedings? placements etc... any adive and tips i would greatly appreciate. i have 60 gallon with 130 watt compacts.

I`m thinking you dont quite have enough lighting there. As far as feeding they dont need any. They get all they need from the lighting and water column.

I will be looking into better light soon then...i noticed my emerald crabs are on it eating stuff off of the polys and making them close as well a snail...should I be concerned about that

the emrald crab looks like tearing some white stuff from between the polyps and eating it..

ok I hope not...dont like the looks of it but we'll see..they dont seem to want to get off of it just keep picking at it

it's probably the delicious algae in between the polyps that they are after. as long as you don't see them pulling the flesh of the coral off, they are doing you a favor.

Ok thanks.. I was under the impression that soft corals would be fine with my current lights..should I try placing these higher in my tank to get more light for mean time until I can upgrade my lights? Will the LED stunners do any good?

no, the "stunners" by ecoxotic are basically just for looks. soft corals should be ok...just wait and see. if they brown out they need more light.

so one of my snails knocked over my toadstool and doesn't look to happy... How can I secure it to a rock ..what kind of glue can I use or what s the best methods

crazy glue gel. leathers are a bit slimy though and you might need to secure it with some bridal veil until it attaches. i like to squeeze it between a couple rocks.

Back
Top Bottom