ToadstooL mushroom :-(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
M

mannyfern09

i bought a toadstool mushroom leathercoral on saturday.... it hasnt opend up... is there anything i can do to help it?

good flow, good light, not touching any other corals, then leave it alone.

Patience. They generaslly "pout" for a few days. If your water flow is different, it may take up to a week or so for the calcium rods or spicules in the leather to re-align to the demands of the new water flow.
Relax. As long as you are not using any phosphate absorber, you should be fine.

it looks dead :-(.... i dont no if this helps you guys but it looks like a thin layer of dust is growing?

They will slough off a thick layer of snot whenever there has been a great chemical change (such as moving to a new tank), this is normal. Don't panic yet...

so that is a good sign that its still alive?...

also its not str8 upright its closed and tilted to the side?!

sorry im sort of panicking

Dont panic as stated above they will slough. Even when they get going mine slough every couple weeks. Just follow the directions that Mrs Hara gave you.

then so ffar ive done good.

since putting it in.. it hasnt moved except that snot.

ill post again in a couple dayss with an update

Are you running any phosphate remover? This really upsets the leathers.

The leathers can take up to two weeks to right themselves. The calcium rods in the tissue (spicules) have to reshape themselves to the new demands the current is placing on them. These spicules are what hold the coral upright.

Can you post a picture?

i removed the mushroom from my tank today... i was a 100% it was dead... it was breaking in half!

26 dollars in the drain.. what did i do rong :-(

Sorry about your loss. I dont see anywhere on this thread where you posted your water parameters. It might have been your water. Can you give us the results of your water tests. Let`s try to rule that out so it wont happen again.

Back
Top Bottom