Toadstool question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaleHauze

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have had a toadstool coral in my tank for 6 months. 3 months ago I upgraded to LED lights from compact florescent. With in the past three weeks I have noticed that its polyps havent been extended and it seems like its getting smaller. Still has the same color. Any Ideas if it is dying or normal

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420402621.375109.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420402621.375109.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 110
You probably stressed out the coral with no acclimation to the new lighting. Think about it like being in a pitch black room and then stepping out into the noon day sun.
What is your new LED unit?

Radion pro gen 2. And i put them on acclamation for 30 days

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I used Johns program from EcoTech. I started at 30%

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

About 3 weeks. Not sure if it's the lights or my lemon goby who likes to cuddle with it. I haven't tried moving it. Maybe to a less light or more light?

It could be light, but it could also be flow. There are many things that can go into irritating a coral. I would assume though, going from PC to Radions would be what is stressing it. If it was too much light when first turned on, it could have even burned them. With acclimation and pristine water conditions it can recover if injured. But first, try moving it down some and see if that helps.

I've had to move my leather coral about 3 times before it was happy but they do shrink down a lot at night too is there any signs of life during the day?

Back
Top Bottom