Toadstool shedding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Civicman86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a toadstool and I tried to wedge him in a crack and hope he would hang on. After numerous tries in the morning he always ended up on the sand bed. So I finally glued him to the rock. Yesterday he started to open up just a little. This morning he has like a film coming off him. Almost like he is molting. He still has some color to him (not completely bleached white). Is this type of behavior normal or is it dieing?

Probably just a result of the glue. Did you dip in water right after you glued it? Will probably be fine. you may want to vacuum out the "slime".

My toadstool will shed if I move him around or sometimes just for the hell of it. I always try to suck out the leftovers becasue they really foul the water up if they get floating around. Be fair warned, when this stuff hits the open air, it smells like a dead rotten beast. It makes my wife more than sick to her stomach!

Sounds normal. Just keep it in a place of medium water flow to help the shedding process. You should see polyp expansion in the next week or so.

MadManMac said:
My toadstool will shed if I move him around or sometimes just for the hell of it. I always try to suck out the leftovers becasue they really foul the water up if they get floating around. Be fair warned, when this stuff hits the open air, it smells like a dead rotten beast. It makes my wife more than sick to her stomach!

Good thing I have a cold and can smell a thing!

Thanks for the help guys. Makes me relieved that its ok :)

Back
Top Bottom