Tomato clown hosting Mushroom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lance M.

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just got two half-inch tank-raised tomato clowns yesterday for my 10 gallon nano reef and about 30 minutes ago one of the clowns is hosting one of my huge mushrooms!

But the other one is not. Will he follow with the other and host it together? Or could they stay separate?

They most likely will be separate. I have a tomato that host a pagoda cup and a gold stripe maroon that host a bubble coral. You situation is very ordinary.

This morning when I turned the lights on both tomatoes where together on the opposite side of the tank.

Now, about 3 hours after the lights where turned on, the tomato that wasn't hosting the mushrooms yesterday is and the one that was hosting them is not. I can tell which one is which right now because one has a spot on both sides behind the white vertical stripe.

It's funny there are three mushrooms on the rock and the mushrooms are 2.5 to 4 inchs in diameter, close together so the clown will swim around on all of them.

Now neither are on the mushrooms. lol

One of my pink skunks hosts a condy anemone, the other a frogspawn =)

Back
Top Bottom