Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-29-2012, 10:08 PM   #211
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks! I went to the lfs today to spend $40 on some small frags and just to look and left spending over 200$ fml. Pics to come. I got 2 green candy came coral frags. 1 has 3 heads one has two. I got a frogspawn which I've wanted for so long happy I got it. There was a bunch of talk that they're endangered now so I got one while I can bc the lfs said they wouldn't be getting anymore in. I picked up a 6 line wrasse and a green mandarin. I know they're difficult but he was eating brine shrimp at the lfs and I got amphioids and Copepods just incase.

TommyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:42 PM   #212
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyP View Post
Thanks! I went to the lfs today to spend $40 on some small frags and just to look and left spending over 200$ fml. Pics to come. I got 2 green candy came coral frags. 1 has 3 heads one has two. I got a frogspawn which I've wanted for so long happy I got it. There was a bunch of talk that they're endangered now so I got one while I can bc the lfs said they wouldn't be getting anymore in. I picked up a 6 line wrasse and a green mandarin. I know they're difficult but he was eating brine shrimp at the lfs and I got amphioids and Copepods just incase.
Yeah, I've done that many times. Lol. "I'm just gonna look." Lol.
Love frogspawn, mine took about a week to fully open up, so just be aware that it might not look the same as it did in the store for a little while.

Old 12-30-2012, 01:06 AM   #213
Aquarium Advice Addict

That's what I figured. I moved him around a couple times and flipped a rock to put the frag piece in a hole. It's kind of at the top with some flow this should be okay. I only have 250 gph circulation pump on the opposite side until I get my 2 hydor 750's in the mail
Old 12-30-2012, 01:07 AM   #214
Aquarium Advice Addict

Lights are off ill shoot pics tmw
Old 12-30-2012, 02:51 AM   #215
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have this brain coral (I believe) can I get a positive ID and it swells up looks like its going to pop this picture doesn't do justice. Is this normal?
It actually won't let me post a picture for some reason it says I've maxed out my space? Pics are on the precious page. No pic then if it swelling. Only at night when 8 led moonlights are on
Old 12-30-2012, 02:55 AM   #216
Aquarium Advice Addict

It looks like a green open brain coral. Cool!
Old 12-30-2012, 08:55 PM   #217
Aquarium Advice Addict

In 1-2 months I am interested in getting more fish to my stock. Currently I have a yellow tang, 6 line, clown & green mandarin. What are some good schooling fish I can have in my 55g tank besides blue green chromis?
Old 12-30-2012, 09:39 PM   #218
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyP View Post
In 1-2 months I am interested in getting more fish to my stock. Currently I have a yellow tang, 6 line, clown & green mandarin. What are some good schooling fish I can have in my 55g tank besides blue green chromis?
Cardinals. There are several types.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:01 PM   #219
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks, I like the PJ ones that have the polka dots on the back but Everytime I see them at the LFS they just sit there in one spot like pirahnas lol
Old 12-30-2012, 10:13 PM   #220
Aquarium Advice Addict

They're not big swimmers, although they are fast when they wanna be. They kinda hover, but are usually out front and visible. I have 2 bangaii. Other than chromis and cardinals, there aren't a lot of schooling fish appropriate for a 55 that I can think of.

Tags
55 gallon, salt, saltwater

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com