Tom's 55G Saltwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I see your gobi likes covering your stuff in sand. Little butt head. .

Made me laugh. :D I own a few "butt head" fish myself.

Tom it's looking real good :) I also laughed imagining you guys at a store with a basket of ladies pantyhose.

Thanks. Yeah the pictures themselves really don't do justice either it does throw it off a little. But they do not pop as much as I'd like em too. It looks great when the actinics are on only without the whites.

And yeah the goby is a pain in the you know what. He ruined my original aqua scape and just messes everything up. Really cool fish though and keeps the sand turning which is good but yeah. Holes everywhere

Yea I had one for a bit, actually two but both jumped to their deaths in the night. But I now have a sand sifting star and about 20 or so nasurith snails that are doing pretty good about turning the sand.

I have 4 snails and a star too so it's going good. Mine jumped too! My girlfriend was sleeping on the floor (long story lol) and the fish jumped out bounced off her which woke her up and I put him back in just in time.

I have some debris build up in my sump but only under the return pump section. I don't have glass partitions dividing the chambers I only have a tank divider (low on funds +it's only a 10g sump) Should I throw some snails in there? When I do water changes I pull the water from the DT or else I'd suck it up during that time.

Does anyone know what this is. Sorry about the photo. Idk why it looks so blue on the iPhone. It's clear but purple in color. Really cool but small. It's on a frag rock which have 2 shrooms attached. Fits in my palm.

image-139060640.jpg

image-1815363720.jpg

image-3039366588.jpg

image-3779862663.jpg

Just picked up another cleaner shrimp and some more filter socks. Acclimated the shrimp 2 weeks going to add another snowflake clown since mine died a while back

So I haven't done an update in a little while. I did add that other snowflake clown i got a good deal for $30 at a lfs. They get along great and it was a little smaller than the one I currently had so thats good. Last weekend I added a Yellow-Eye Kole Tang. He's awesome and healthy. He tends to hide in the dip in my sand bed behind the tank in the entrance of my gobys home. The goby doesnt like that very much. I put in a peice of nori small ripped sheet and it was gone the next morning - not sure if he ate it or it blew off the clip. I didn't find it anywhere so I assume it's gone. I'm planning on taking everything out of the tank and doing a complete re-scape while adding another 5g bucket of what was LR. What is the best way to re-cure this rock so it does not cause another cycle? This will all be done in the same day.

I'll take some update pictures tonight and try to compare them to older ones i have posted to see if I notice any growth. I stare at the tank everyday so I havent noticed anything. Honest opinions welcome for pics when the come.

Here are some pics I took today. Not sure how they'll come out.

image-4204414767.jpg

image-1868147842.jpg

image-1281500620.jpg

image-3660583743.jpg

image-1213894542.jpg

image-1660005689.jpg

image-1092221742.jpg

image-2574906859.jpg

image-3962411628.jpg

image-1547512272.jpg

image-1179701351.jpg

image-2961197172.jpg