Tonga Rige live rock, anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SchweetPup4u

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
im looking to buy some LR for my 30 gallon eclipse tank.. its been running for a few months, and i have to wait til christmas for the rest of my Lr.. eerr.. anyways, i was looking at a few different types, and i was wondering if anyone here was familiar with ffexpress.com tonga ridge live rock. its at a pretty good price, but im debating between it and my lfs hair algae covered rocks.. hmmph.. well, if you have a reef with this tonga live rock, could you please post pictures of it to give me a idea of what it will look like?

Well Schweet,

Having read a couple of posts I know that fishfreek does rate ffexpress.com rather highly. Maybe wait for him to come along and assist or answer some SW questions.

I personally have no experence with tonga rock. I have been talking to schweet via IM and suggested she post to allow others with tonga experence to chime in on their impressons of it.

I have about 3-4 pounds of tonga rocks.
I don't have problem with it, but it breaks off to easy.

i wouldnt recommend buying from the lfs if it is covered in hair algae, unless of course you want to scrub it before you put it in the tank, and who knows what all youll scrub off with the algae.

i have around 70-100 lbs of tonga rock. it is nice because it has a neat shape. however i like figi rock better because it is more porous and more different creatures can appear out of it. thats just my opinion.

i usually pick it off and leave the rest to the crabs and other things.. what type of invert is the best hair algae eater?

Back
Top Bottom