Tonys 75gl Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. D

Aquarium Advice FINatic
After months of waiting to put together my tank it is finally starting to happen.

I'm waiting on my stand again b/c my Lfs got it cracked but I bought a lot of the stuff today, 1of my Lfs matches prices from online.. Any additions/suggestions?

I got:
Aqueon proflex 4
Coralife cone skimmer 150gl
Aqueon pump, 735gph
And a 60lb box of IO salt

I'm going to be picking up some rock soon also

I have not picked up power heads yet and was planning on korallia evolutions... What size would I need l? I was thinking two 1050's...... I will be keeping a majority of SPS, a clam, 2-3 LPS, and maybe an anemone.

Lighting will probably be the reef bright LED b/c all I want is on/off only.

I will be waiting a bit for the corals as well b/c I am brand new to salt water

You should also hold off on the clam and anemone until the tank is at least 6-8 months old, If not longer.

Yeah, I planned on waiting a while and the clam would probably be last anyway since they are supposed to be the toughest

And would a dwarf lion or larger lion be reef safe?... By that I mean won't eat corals or harm them? Don't really care about keeping shrimp

I am going to be setting up my tank I the next 2weeks to start the cycle... I herd miracle mud is almost a must with mangroves in the fuge and it has to be in there before I start the cycle right???

I am going to try to get live rock that has just been sitting in a guys tank for about 4months in his water that is just still b/c he is selling the tank also and is proving no leaks... Should I watch out for problems with the rock?? I assume it is just dry rock that is in water? Lol

image-1740904138.jpg

This will probably be the longest build ever, lol

Write a review for the Proflex. The model 4 is very expensive IMO.

Yeah I think all the stuff on the guy's rock is dead by now if there was nothing feeding it. Just cycle normally.

I will post one up after about a month.... I did find a deal on it and paid 260 for it so I was able to live with that, lol

I have not picked up power heads yet and was planning on korallia evolutions... What size would I need l? I was thinking two 1050's...... I will be keeping a majority of SPS, a clam, 2-3 LPS, and maybe an anemone.

Lighting will probably be the reef bright LED b/c all I want is on/off only.

I will be waiting a bit for the corals as well b/c I am brand new to salt water

the "reef bright LED", is that the marineland one that you see & is listed on the box as "reef capable"?

if so these lights are NOWHERE near enough light for most corals let alone SPS & a nem. they might have enough for mushrooms ans some zoas but thats it.

if not, :banghead:

Oh, no... These are there own brand I think... Reefbright XHO LED is what I will be using

Yeah, I think they are... My Lfs uses them on their reef displays and frag tanks... They use them as supplemental lighting on their 220 custom with 1000wt halides

After some thought I decided I'm going to go with t5s for my reef... It will be an aquatic life fixture but I am not sure if I should go with 4or6 bulb fixture

Yeah, I'm trying to convince my dad on that one since we are going in about 50/50.

Do I need to add everything into my fuge 1st before I get it running?

2 Korallis 1050 should be fine right?

Yeah 2 K1050s is ok. Add stuff to your sump/fuge after you're done cycling and have already added some fish.

Okay, thanks
Hopefully I can pick up the Rey of the pluming for the return and some rock this week but at most probably 25lbs

My first saltwater tank is finally coming together!

Night LED

image-3894592150.jpg

image-2969383900.jpg

Back
Top Bottom