Too Early To Skim?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tito2491

Aquarium Advice Freak
My tank has been running for a week , it is a 10 gal with ls and 7.5 pounds of lr , i wanna get to around 13-14 pounds , i currently hav 1 chromis , should i get a skimmer next week ? or in a month?

You can start skimming anytime, if productive then you know if the time is right or not.
What are your water parameters?

I just checked my water and my lfs (where i check my water) said that my water was good

1 occelaris clown fish , 1 clown goby (tiny) , 14-15 ibs of lr , coral , cleaner shrimp , hermits , snails

Im not gonna get any fish til April any ways , shouldnt i jus let the water cycle?

Are you getting the new LR and curing it or is it going to be cured LR? If its not cured and you add it to the tank you will have a new cycle... So I would get that before you add any fish... Good luck..

A small Chromis and a small clown fish and clown gobies stay tiny around 1'' so i think i can try and get away with those fish in a 10 gal , my lfs are over the limit though! they have a 12 nano cube , with 1 ocellaris , 1 spotted cardinal , 1 r gramma , 1 bicolor blenny , and 1 clarki clown

Tank is too small for those three fish, I am with Malkore on this one.

Anyway, it can take weeks for a skimmer to get broken in anyway, start skimming ASAP :)

Yea , im gonna stay with 2 fish , the lr is cured , will it do any thing 2 the cycling if it is cured?

There may be a small amount of die off depending on how long it is out of the water. IMO you should be fine.... Like GL says fire that skimmer up.....

Back
Top Bottom