Too high calcium..how?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msuhaizie

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi.. I need ur advice due to high concentration of calcium levels.. My calcium levels more than 500.. It can give negative impact to my tank? What should i do?

It won't hurt anything, but if your alk or mag drop too low or get too high it can cause the calcium to precipitate (snow storm) in your tank.
If you are dosing anything with calcium in it, stop dosing. What brand salt are you using? Some salts, such as Oceanic, typically mix to a very high calcium level.

I'm using Red Sea Pro Salt.. My pH is 8.. There is no prwcepitation in my tank..so can i just ignore it?

Yes you can, but how did it get that high to begin with? Red Sea Coral Pro salt does not have calcium that high.

Actually last 2 days i put coralline algae stimulator by kent marine product.. Now i check my ph is less than 8.. How can i increase ph?

do you have coralline algae on your rocks? if not the simulator won't do anything just add more calcium. you'd need something that uses it up. like coralline algae or corals

I hv it but just on the coral that i bought.. Not on live rock.. I dont know why.. How to increase ph? My ph below 8..

What is your alk level? Low pH is usually the result of a high co2 level in your house. You can try pointing a powerhead towards the water surface to increase the gas exchange and if possible open a window near the tank to let some fresh outside air in.

I hv no test kit for alk.. Actually i always check my ph concentration.. Today my ph is 8.. Is it ok?

Back
Top Bottom