Too Much Current.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank2379

Aquarium Advice Addict
Today I received my 2 Koralia a #3 and a #2 and boy I think I may have 2 much flow going on in my system, My frogspawn anywhere I put it it's being blasted by current. You think I should use a # 1 and a #2? I had a #1 in my system and it was in great shape but i am just wondering about two much flow ruining my SPS and Xenia Corals....

Any suggestions on how I should position them?

Since you have a 55gallon, I saw the guy that sells frags put 2 of #3 into his 75 gallon. so I think you might need only 2 #2s instead of #3.

Sorry Frankay... and if I'm right, someone made a diagram, wasn't it u? put both towards the back on the left and right and shoot to the front that's how I saw them... there's a diagram somewhere in one thread, gotta search for it.

Yeah I have The diagram I though maybe there was a bigger way than the Diagram I had posted but I think I might just stay with it and find a better spot for the Frog Spawn.

It's tough to change out powerheads to something different once you start putting corals in the tank. I feel your pain... been there, done that.

I don't think you have too much flow, but it sounds like it could use some rearranging. Try doing some "bank shots" like bawel mentioned, off the ends or front corners. I like mounting the Korallia on the back glass and doing a double bank shot off the end glass and then off the front glass so it gets redirected into the middle of the tank.

I think a #1 would be too small for your tank. If you don't like the #2 and #3, then just go with 2x #2.

Back
Top Bottom