Too much flow??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jereli

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just installed two koralia 1050 pumps in my 60 gallon long tank.. My question is, is this too much flow having (2) koralia 1050gph plus my return which is probably around 550gph after the losses due to rising... I finally got it to where there is not alot of sand blowing around but it looks like alot of surface agitation which I am not sure if that's ok...any input?

It's on the high side for sure.

The excess surface agitation will probably lead to drops of water getting everywhere outside your tank and leaving salt creep everywhere.

Well...its not splashing but maybe its too much flow... Should I leave only one koralia 1050 instead?

i guess it all depends what you want to be housing, sps corals require a turnover rate of 30-50 times

so if I was to do house everything else besides sps would just one koralia 1050 do? Or if I was to leave them both in would it be too much flow if I want housing sps?

Ok I think for now I will leave just one inside...and add a smaller one..well thanks for the input

Back
Top Bottom