Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-04-2006, 11:58 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thank you for the pics! Nice setup. It will come in handy come install time either way I go.

Old 05-11-2006, 10:07 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

Well, I completely switched gears and went with the JBJ ATO topoff system connected to a reservoir instead of directly connecting to the RO/DI unit. I was concerned about 2 things:

1. Potential flooding which would kill the tank as well as my living room.
2. The constant on/off of the RO/DI unit. I read that the constant on/off allows a lot of impurities by as the unit doesn't build sufficient pressure across the membrane.

Plus, with a reservoir I have to ability to dose Kalk if needed. I did plumb the reservoir directly to the RO/DI unit with a ball shut off valve. Therefore, when I need to fill it, there is still no carrying buckets of H20.

Old 05-11-2006, 10:21 AM   #13
AA Team Emeritus

Not sure how dosing in a reservoir works when you may be only pumping a gallon or so at a time. I guess there is calculation that works for that, huh?

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 06:33 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist

My thought was if needed, I could add kalkwasser to the 4g reservoir. I might configure a separate dosing system. Not sure at this point what my Ca requirement will be as I have yet to add any animals.

Tags
stem, system

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com