Total beginner but very keen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

andrewcara

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey I'm new to this but I need some advice on getting started with me saltwater tank.I have read various things but still in the dark with what to buy initially!I know I should start off slow and build it up slowly.You guys all started somewhere :) please tell me about your tank and system ? Amy advice would be much appreciated :)

Andy

Cheers dude! :)
When you first started did you buy a whole marine tank setup? I am getting a tank tomorrow approximately 1mtr in length by 500mm deep and high.I then need which items? Lighting,protein skimmer,filter...? Is this all? Because a lady in a shop today said read all about "the nitrogen cycle" before you do anything?? What is it?! :)

Showcase? May have better luck in getting started. Welcome... it's addicting

what type of tank? is it drilled or not,I would definately go with drilled and a sump if you can,

Welcome

Thanks hinds! i really only want to keep some live coral,clownfish,Tangs and cleaners such as shrimp,snails etc! Yes I have a young boy who loves nemo! But I have been contemplating getting a real marine aquarium for years!! And now it's time.I have approx 1mtr tank.so where do I start? I need a filter,protein skimmer,sump?where's the cheapest place to purchase online?can you sendpics of your system? :)

Thank you David that's interesting! I have a work colleague who knows somebody who is making a tank at this size.I doubt it will be drilled :-( can you buy a system without having to drill the tank?

Thank you David that's interesting! I have a work colleague who knows somebody who is making a tank at this size.I doubt it will be drilled :-( can you buy a system without having to drill the tank?

You can, but in the long run you're going to be glad you drilled it.

Back
Top Bottom