Trace Elements

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mfuchs

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What type and brand of Trace Elements do you suggest for the following? I am setting up a 180gal reef tank, but will only have LR and LS in it at first. I will not get any coral for at least 6 months.

Calcium - Should I just use Kalkwasser?
Strontium - do you recommend liquid or powder
Carbonate - liquid or powder
Magnesium - liquid or powder

Iodine
Iron
Molybdenum

Thanks in advance for your help :D

Most of the trace elements that you will need will be replenished when you do water changes. Calcium and alk can be of more demand in a reef, For this IMHO the use of Kalk is the easist. I would suggest tyhe use of Warner marine Kalk Plus (they use only analytical grade, so no other impurities). Make sure you dont dose anything before you do measurements tomake sure you need to add.

hope it helps

mojoreef said:
Most of the trace elements that you will need will be replenished when you do water changes. Calcium and alk can be of more demand in a reef, For this IMHO the use of Kalk is the easist. I would suggest tyhe use of Warner marine Kalk Plus (they use only analytical grade, so no other impurities). Make sure you dont dose anything before you do measurements tomake sure you need to add.

hope it helps

Agreed!! All I do is water changes and add kalk for all evaporation.

Back
Top Bottom