Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-19-2007, 12:29 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

Location: That place between sleeping and awake, where dreams become reality and songs of the heart are born
You have my heartfelt sympathy manny, I cant imagine what I would do if I came home to find what you did. I'm so glad that the all glass company is going to make it right for you again though. Hopefully you will get an even better tank out of the deal! Best wishes for you!

Old 02-19-2007, 10:12 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

The good news is that AGA is taking care of you. A mark of a good company.

Old 02-19-2007, 10:47 AM   #13
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
Wow, that is terrible! I'm glad they are going to pay for repairs. Did they say if that is a common thing or have any suggestions on how it possibly happens.

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Articles
Acronym List

--Scott
roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 12:33 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via MSN to Zagz
So sorry for your loss. At least the aquarium company is going to look after you.

-----------
Site Administrator
Zagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 01:14 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

any updates
10 gallon ~6.5 gallon custom
Sadielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 04:53 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

Did the top of this tank have reinforcement??? If it did I dont see how it could come apart like that.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:28 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Yess I did.

You guys will be mad at AGA they came to my house today. And told me they would not be able to pay for the damage. Just for the tank. I almost flipped and punched the guy. I yelled. And cursed. I asked the guy if he even owned a tank and understood the love I had for the fish the corals the inverts. And he told me no. So that's how I realized that he didn't understand

What do you guys suggest I do.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:14 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Did he give a reason as to why they now "won't" pay for the damages???? That seems rather suspicious that they would be willing to replace a tank, but not pay for damages that the faulty tank caused when it failed (and I can only believe that there was something wrong with the tank that they would be willing to replace that!).

I would climb the corporate ladder on this one, and not settle for their handout. Good Luck!
MSU Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:12 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

They are so much as admiting fault by replacing a failed tank. I would suggest getting intouch with the company president . Also I would say get a mediator. You could file for a small claims case . You could also take it to your local news ....Also you may want to post this on as many boards as you can sign up to and tell them so . They have the market pretty much cornered but you do have avenues that you as a consumer can take. Remember take pictures document all contacts with whom , date, time , extention number and what they tell you ... Be factual in that report , dont butter it up . When they send some one out video it let them know it is under video so that if you have any questions you can rewatch it . Let them know what corprate told you and see if you can get them to faulter and offer it up . the president of the company is named Matt I believe I would call him and ask why you were led to believe that you would be compensated , just remember it is not ring ring let that cash register ring ,in other words ask that they make you whole so if you have a 10 gallon and upgrade to a 30 ask that they replace what would be needed for the 10 , 10 lbs LS , 10 lbs LR , salt mix and LR , also figure roughly what your corals cost take into consideration if you ordered them on line and ask for about 10 % less of cost this will show good faith that you are not trying to cash in and get a 100 gallon tank for what a 10 gallon cost . Your point is to protect and mitigate damages and be made hole for your disaster .

10 gallon ~6.5 gallon custom
Sadielynn is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com