Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-18-2007, 08:18 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

WOW. the worst thing that you can imagine happened to me today. I left my hosue at around 8 am. Returned home to a tank missing the front piece of glass fish, fish on the floor, live rock corals and water everywere! What a mess. I lost all my fish all my corals. The front peice of glass was completly broken off. It seems as if it just came off. Not as if somone broke it. Any one ever expierence anything like this :-( .. im heartbroken

manny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 08:49 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
Wow... I'm so sorry manny.

Never heard of that happening before.

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Devilishturtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 09:01 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Oh my god, what a nightmare. I'm so sorry, and I've never heard of that happening. What a shame.

My sympathy, and I'm sure the same from everyone here. We're all heartbroken for you.

Remember that Darwin was mostly right!
plecoperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 09:20 PM   #4
omg!... im so sorryy!

Ive never heard anything to that extent. What i have heard was one of my old friends had a 150 gallon fish tank. Beutiful! They broke into his house and smashed his tank with a hammer. He as well came home and was devistated.. I think i felt as bad as he did. I feel horrible for you. i feel your pain.

buc09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 09:50 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
Holy Crap! I had a misadventure of my own this morning with a leaking tank. Your experience makes mine sound easy. Sorry for your loss. I was explaining my situation to a LFS today and they said if the tank is still under warrenty you should be able to get some help from the company. In one case, All Glass Aquarium came to the home, cleaned the carpet and replaced the tank, stand and all on the LR and livestock. Might be something to look into. Hang in there.
Some people are like slinkies...they serve no real purpose yet can still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!:p
Have a great day! Brian
lando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 09:54 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Oh God, I'm so sorry...what a terrible day.
29-gallon FW
1 yoyo loach, 2 polkadot loaches, 6 cherry barbs, 2 turquoise rainbows, 1 chinese algae eater, 2 harlequin rasboras; java fern, java moss, hornwort, Asian ambulia
LandGhoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 10:30 PM   #7
I called All Glass and was on the phone for about an hour. They are great. They are also going to send someone out to my house to see whats happened. They said if worse comes to worse that furniture in the room is destroyed they will take care of everything and pay for the damage. Also, they gave me the option of piking out any tank that i wish to have that they make. Biger or smaller! Still heartbreaking. But im looking around to see for a huge addition to my house. If they are offering it i might as well take advantage of it.

i am so depresed!
manny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 10:59 PM   #8
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
I am so sorry Manny. Hopefully all will go well from this point on.
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 10:59 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict
this really stinks but if they are offering to pay for damage and replace the tank...with a bigger one this could turn out very good! I know you lost tons of mony in livestock but at least thats the only thing you lost!
again im so sorry!
Houston "Face Trials with Smiles"-Porter Ellett
My aquariums-5gall snowball shrimp, 20long-awaiting setup,29gall planted
"We are nothing until we make ourselves somthing"
blazeyreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 11:26 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict
Wow that's awful! Glad to hear AGA is taking care of you at least. Best of luck

MT79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com