Tragedy!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

manny09

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
WOW. the worst thing that you can imagine happened to me today. I left my hosue at around 8 am. Returned home to a tank missing the front piece of glass fish, fish on the floor, live rock corals and water everywere! What a mess. I lost all my fish all my corals. The front peice of glass was completly broken off. It seems as if it just came off. Not as if somone broke it. Any one ever expierence anything like this :-( .. im heartbroken

Oh my god, what a nightmare. I'm so sorry, and I've never heard of that happening. What a shame.

My sympathy, and I'm sure the same from everyone here. We're all heartbroken for you.

omg!... im so sorryy!

Ive never heard anything to that extent. What i have heard was one of my old friends had a 150 gallon fish tank. Beutiful! They broke into his house and smashed his tank with a hammer. He as well came home and was devistated.. I think i felt as bad as he did. I feel horrible for you. i feel your pain.

sorry!

Holy Crap! I had a misadventure of my own this morning with a leaking tank. Your experience makes mine sound easy. Sorry for your loss. I was explaining my situation to a LFS today and they said if the tank is still under warrenty you should be able to get some help from the company. In one case, All Glass Aquarium came to the home, cleaned the carpet and replaced the tank, stand and all on the LR and livestock. Might be something to look into. Hang in there.

I called All Glass and was on the phone for about an hour. They are great. They are also going to send someone out to my house to see whats happened. They said if worse comes to worse that furniture in the room is destroyed they will take care of everything and pay for the damage. Also, they gave me the option of piking out any tank that i wish to have that they make. Biger or smaller! Still heartbreaking. But im looking around to see for a huge addition to my house. If they are offering it i might as well take advantage of it.

i am so depresed! :(

this really stinks but if they are offering to pay for damage and replace the tank...with a bigger one this could turn out very good! I know you lost tons of mony in livestock but at least thats the only thing you lost!
again im so sorry!

You have my heartfelt sympathy manny, I cant imagine what I would do if I came home to find what you did. I'm so glad that the all glass company is going to make it right for you again though. Hopefully you will get an even better tank out of the deal! Best wishes for you!

Wow, that is terrible! I'm glad they are going to pay for repairs. Did they say if that is a common thing or have any suggestions on how it possibly happens.

Did the top of this tank have reinforcement??? If it did I dont see how it could come apart like that.

Yess I did.

You guys will be mad at AGA they came to my house today. And told me they would not be able to pay for the damage. Just for the tank. I almost flipped and punched the guy. I yelled. And cursed. I asked the guy if he even owned a tank and understood the love I had for the fish the corals the inverts. And he told me no. So that's how I realized that he didn't understand

What do you guys suggest I do.

Did he give a reason as to why they now "won't" pay for the damages???? That seems rather suspicious that they would be willing to replace a tank, but not pay for damages that the faulty tank caused when it failed (and I can only believe that there was something wrong with the tank that they would be willing to replace that!).

I would climb the corporate ladder on this one, and not settle for their handout. Good Luck!

They are so much as admiting fault by replacing a failed tank. I would suggest getting intouch with the company president . Also I would say get a mediator. You could file for a small claims case . You could also take it to your local news ....Also you may want to post this on as many boards as you can sign up to and tell them so . They have the market pretty much cornered but you do have avenues that you as a consumer can take. Remember take pictures document all contacts with whom , date, time , extention number and what they tell you ... Be factual in that report , dont butter it up . When they send some one out video it let them know it is under video so that if you have any questions you can rewatch it . Let them know what corprate told you and see if you can get them to faulter and offer it up . the president of the company is named Matt I believe I would call him and ask why you were led to believe that you would be compensated , just remember it is not ring ring let that cash register ring ,in other words ask that they make you whole so if you have a 10 gallon and upgrade to a 30 ask that they replace what would be needed for the 10 , 10 lbs LS , 10 lbs LR , salt mix and LR , also figure roughly what your corals cost take into consideration if you ordered them on line and ask for about 10 % less of cost this will show good faith that you are not trying to cash in and get a 100 gallon tank for what a 10 gallon cost . Your point is to protect and mitigate damages and be made hole for your disaster .

Back
Top Bottom