transfer tank 110gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trena

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just transferred all my live rock from my 55 gallon and started a 110gallon saltwater fowlr. I transferred my scopas tang, clarkii clownfish and a damsel. It's been 3 days. Is it ok to add new fish yet? I tested for nitrites yesterday. It was at 0. the other fish are loving, eating fine and everything.

I would definitely NOT add any new fish just yet. I would give it like 2 weeks at least to make sure all is well.

I know the feeling though, I wish I could put more fish in my 60g I just started but I am holding back just in case. LOL It's really better to be safe than sorry.

bummer, thanks for replying, you are really sweet, glad to have you as a friend.

aww that's really sweet. :)

Thanks so much for the nice words, always makes my day. :)

If you can now would be a great time to add more base rock to your tank, it will give you something to do other than pine for fish, LOL, and it will look great.

I have gotten my rocks from here in the past and they are of excellent quality

ReefCleaners.org | Clean Up Crews and Macro Algae - Rock

A bunch of people have also ordered from The Reef Rock Store with very good reviews. I did get my sand from them and was very pleased with it but just havent tried their rock yet.

So you have your fish stocking list complete then? Are you going to be getting your fish from a local store or online? Oh and I might add, you probably don't wanna add more than 2 fish at a time once your tank is ready, if I remember you are looking at tangs and other large fish, these guys can over whelm a bio filter due to their size and well, hmm, their "waste" amounts. My blue tang poops like crazy, I mean obscene amounts, sometimes I'm like "wow, pootie wth?" LOL

Great advice! I will look at more live rock. I decided on a dog face puffer, a snowflake eel, a humu rectangle trigger, and possible a kole tang (not sure about him yet)

I had a Kole tang, he was very active and was personable too, very friendly. That'd
be a good tang to consider in my opinion. :)

You picked fish other than the tang that I know absolutely nothing about. LOL My friends have a trigger though, pretty cool fish to watch but they can't put their hands in the tank or the fish will bite them! lol

I've considered a puffer myself, I have a 90g fowlr that is pretty empty right now, just wasn't sure if it could work in that size tank and whether they are friendly fish to others.
Hopefully someone will post here and i can learn something. lol

Back
Top Bottom