Transferr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scotty87

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I currently have a 20g tall that I have had up and running for about a year now. I just bought a house and would like to transfer all my live rock and coral into a 72g bf. Would It be ok if I put all my rock and new live sand into the tank with a transfer or do I have to wait a while. 72g has a wet/dry system with 6bulb t5 lighting. Have a few pieces of dry rock. I still have a month to go before the closing so I got time to plan this also the wAter will be from the lfs that I'm putting in it

I wouldn't necessarily transfer anything using water from your current tank if you plan on reusing your sand.
Mix up new water, get some containers and some battery powered water pumps for the actual transfer.
Once everything is in tubs you can siphon your sand into another container to prevent any gas pockets from being released into the water with all your livestock, and rock.
From there you can just cart everything to the new place, put your sand In while using as little water from that container as possible, and start arranging everything in your new tank.

Yea I'm going to throw away the old sand in my tank now and put all new sand into the bigger tank figure I start fresh all over again

Definitely makes things easier! Just be sure to rinse really well before putting in the new tank, so you don't have to deal with any cloudiness. Personally, I would always suggest going with new sand in a new tank. Sand really is a phosphate trap in most tanks anyway.

Back
Top Bottom