transporting aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Madmilkman

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have been researching aquariums both fresh and salt for a while now. I have purchased a 90 gallon and have gone back and forth on what kind to do(haven't started anything yet), and now a friend of mine has told me of a 45 gallon corner tank set up as saltwater. I can get the tank,filtration system(not sure type) lights(again not sure type) live rock and coral for 50 bucks. My question is.... Is there any special precautions I should take to transport everything(going to be about 120 miles) or do I just put live rock and coral in buckets of aquarium water and if so could I reuse the water to put back in the aquarium. Also for rock and coral would I need air stones in buckets for the move? I think 50 bucks is a good deal on everything and would hate to miss out. Any feedback is appreciated.

Just put the rock and coral in pails with lids and the tank water it will be fine. You can use the water again, plus I would make up a bucket of extra saltwater to top up with when you set it all back up

You have the right idea, I transport a 20 gallon from home to my dorm room every year. I leave the sand in the actual tank though so I don't disturb it too much

Back
Top Bottom