Trigger and Lionfish compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KLN

Aquarium Advice Regular
My favorite tank setup has been a Clown Trigger and Lionfish. Now setting up a new tank and wondering if various species of small Triggers and/or Lionfish can be kept together. I especially like the Clown, Humu and Blue Line triggers, and the Fu Manchu, Radial and Volitan Lions.

I have two 10 gallon tanks of guppies for food.

This is a great site; I have learned more here in two days than in the last twenty years of aquarium experience.

Tank:

55 saltwater; HOT Magnum canister filter with two biowheels; Whisper 2 filter; 40 lbs live sand; a few porous rocks and ornamental coral; flourescent light with one full spectrum and one 50-50 blue and white 40 watt bulb

the tank is too small for a volitan, clown, blue line and humu IMO
if by radial you mean radiata, then the tank is big enuff for 1 mabey.
you wont need the 10 gallons for guppys for food, and its not a good food for SW fish.
if you like lions then go with a dwarf zebra or the fu manchu

Hi,

If you are planning to set up a tank with lionfishes and Triggers, it can be done. I setup a 120 gallon tank set up with two medium size trigger, two medium size Lionfish fish one Medium size eel. The reason I choose this setup because they tend to grow pretty fast.
Also try feeding them frozen food (warm it up before feeding) this will keep them healthy :lol:

Back
Top Bottom