Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 04-19-2007, 06:40 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 216
I am getting this distinct feeling that you guys are telling me that my tank is too small. It seems a lot of beautiful fish i can't keep.
__________________

__________________
pinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 06:46 PM   #12
AA Team Emeritus
 
roka64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 13,860
Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinda
I am getting this distinct feeling that you guys are telling me that my tank is too small.
That's why I bought a bigger tank!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinda
It seems a lot of beautiful fish i can't keep.
How wrong you are, check out these Awesome Fish !!!
__________________

__________________
Age is relative, you are only as old as you act....of course, this works in reverse....

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Articles
Acronym List

--Scott
roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 08:40 PM   #13
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin
 
melosu58's Avatar



Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 38,249
If this is for the 55 gallon that you have then these are options.

http://www.fantasyreef.com/database/...rdirection=asc
__________________

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank


AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 02:53 PM   #14
AA Team Emeritus
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,462
You have many options along the lines of: Centropyge (dwarf angelfish), gobies/blennies, small wrasses, Apogonidae (cardinalfish), basslets, jawfish, hawkfish, Pseudochromids (Dottybacks), Chromis/Damsels/Clownfish, Canthigaster (Tobies), and even certain eels and dwarf lionfish depending on what type of system you have in mind. I'm sure I've missed quite a few generalized groups, but you get the idea.
Innovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 08:00 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innovator
You have many options along the lines of: Centropyge (dwarf angelfish), gobies/blennies, small wrasses, Apogonidae (cardinalfish), basslets, jawfish, hawkfish, Pseudochromids (Dottybacks), Chromis/Damsels/Clownfish, Canthigaster (Tobies), and even certain eels and dwarf lionfish depending on what type of system you have in mind. I'm sure I've missed quite a few generalized groups, but you get the idea.
Wont the jawfish, hawkfish etc.... try to eat the peppermint shrimp?
__________________
pinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 10:39 PM   #16
AA Team Emeritus
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,462
Shrimp is on the menu for many fish species. On a personal note, I prefer to setup a biotope display, sticking to a distribution area and making animal selections based on that particular region. There is a lot of give and take to be had in specie interactions so you do have some research ahead of you...but it's all good fun
__________________
Innovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 08:08 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innovator
Shrimp is on the menu for many fish species. On a personal note, I prefer to setup a biotope display, sticking to a distribution area and making animal selections based on that particular region. There is a lot of give and take to be had in specie interactions so you do have some research ahead of you...but it's all good fun
I agree with you totally but I would really like to take this shrimp back to the LFS.
__________________

__________________
pinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
pepper, peppermint, peppermint shrimp, rim, shrimp, trigger

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cleaner Shrimp and Peppermint shrimp together ahochan Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR 14 10-17-2007 09:23 AM
Peppermint Shrimp clowninround Saltwater Reef Aquaria 5 09-16-2007 02:56 PM
Cleaner Shrimp and Peppermint Shrimp weekf Saltwater Reef Aquaria 8 07-25-2006 01:42 AM
Peppermint Shrimp aquafreak Saltwater Reef Aquaria 4 01-20-2005 05:09 PM
peppermint shrimp ellisz Saltwater Reef Aquaria 6 07-22-2004 03:40 PM







» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.