Trigger happy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

astride13

Aquarium Advice Freak
I know it a no-no, but I really wanted some triggers in my reef tank. I figured at worst if the trigger was eating all my inverts I would just need to buy more and he would be getting a nice, healthy meal. After about two months in the tank, I have not confirmed anything missing. I have only seen him nip at one of the Emerald Crabs once and I have noticed a few empty snail shells. (in the trigger's defense, I saw one hermit steal a shell) I took this picture tonight and managed to get a shrimp, crab, snail and the trigger in one shot.

triggersandinverts.jpg

Nice looking Blackbelly Trigger (also known as "Bursa"). I too am a HUGE trigger fan, and like you I was able to keep inverts with my Blackbelly, however my Picasso ate the inverts like it was candy. Triggers are just so unpredictable. What size tank is that? I keep mine in a 75 gal. How big is that trigger? Mine is around 3 inches. Anyway nice pic. :D

This is in a 55 gallon now, but I am planning to setup a 6 foot long replacement somewhere from 180 to 300 gallons (I have the spot, just looking for the perfect tank). The 55 gallon will then become my fuge and my 48x4x7 fuge will be my frag tank.

The Bursa is only about 1.5 inches long. He is always hiding, but is fun to watch from a distance. If I lose a few inverts here and there it is not a big deal. In this hobby 5 extra dollars a month is not a big deal.

I have a 180 gallon acrylic tank and I love it.

Spending $5 a month on this hobby is spare change. :D

Nice name for you post... :wink: I am gonna get some triggers in my new tank soon, but I just put in a couple crabs and snails, but i'm not too worried, I think they will not bother them too much...we'll see. I used to have triggers with tangs and clowns no problem

Back
Top Bottom