Triggers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What are some good companion fish for triggers?
It really depends on the species you want. They range from fairly docile to down-right nasty as far as tempermet goes. Pick a species you like and build the list around it, adding the trigger last.
What should I consider in terms of size?
Tank size is very important. Triggers need lost of swimming room and the larger the tank the less aggresssion you can expect to see.

I just find that the compatibility chart is very vague- it tells you virtually nothing about triggers, and the 'with caution' leaves alot of grey area.

I just find that the compatibility chart is very vague- it tells you virtually nothing about triggers, and the 'with caution' leaves alot of grey area.

The chart is pretty vague because each fish is somewhat different in temperament. Also, the fish's interaction is dependant on the setup that they are in.

Hmmm, I definitely wouldnt get anything that would fit into the triggers mouth, or be of a size where the trigger may try to eat it anyway. They are really cool fish, but they love to eat....

Back
Top Bottom