trim trouble

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

george9617

Aquarium Advice Regular
Before I even fill up the 90 gallon I have I noticed the trim was too tight for the tank so when I set it in place it slightly seperated on both sides. The openings are only on top of trim corner not sides.Should I just puts some wood glue in the crack I don't think trim gives much support. Thanks ahead of time.

ForumRunner_20130101_224838.jpg

The trim is actually a key structural component of the tank. It helps hold the panes together. As to what to do, I don't want to say just dumping glue in will fix it, as 90gal of water on the floor would be a disaster :). It would most likely be fine, but the risk outweighs the cost of just getting a tank I had confidence in. Just my 2 cents.

If its the stand trim it's not structural at all you could leave it or fill it with wood filler it's just for looks and it helps center tank on stand. all support is from under the tank

Hmm was hoping this would comfort me lol I'm gonna call perfecto but I agree with u guys 100%

I agree, that is a good course of action. Get a ruling from them on their product.

Srry saw that question earlier, its not the tank brace just trim for stand everything is 100% brand new

See how its just the top part stretching if I lift tank it goes back to norm. Nothing is coming off, trim is not loose at all

ForumRunner_20130102_125021.jpg

Ohh! I thought we were looking at the bottom of the tank.

I wouldn't worry much about that. I would use it.

Back
Top Bottom