Trine's 40 Gallon Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TeamTrash

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, this build is rather unanticipated. Last night I noticed that a small scratch that I had made with some substrate and the algae cleaner has gone from being app. 2.5 inches to 6.5 inches :blink:. I'm pretty sure the "scratch" now qualifies as a crack on the front of my 28 g. bowfront. So, I'm of to buy a new tank and, since the stand fits a 40 gallon, I figure I might as well upgrade it a bit.

Since I'm going to move everything from the 28 gallon over to the new tank, I don't think it has to cycle, right? Luckily lights and filter will fit. I'm not sure my protein skimmer is large enough, though, but hopefully it will cut it with weekly pwc's. I guess I need another koralia and a couple new rocks... and some more substrate... and some spray-paint. I'm definitely going to paint the back of this tank black. Going to be a fun weekend project!

On the bright side, I get to add another fish and there's more room for corals:D

See some good things come from the bad lol. You just switch everything to the new tank without the cycle because you have all your bacteria in the rock.

Lol I will cleverB :)

I actually went to get the tank yesterday. I really wanted a 40 breeder, but my stand was too shallow. So, I got a 38 gallon, only to come home and realize that apparently I can't use a measuring tape. Turns out my stand is 4 inches too short! Luckily my husband is all about my fish so he agreed to getting a new stand!!! If course, the 38 gallon is going back then and I'm getting a 40 breeder!! I'm so excited :-D

So true. I have the breeder sitting in my bathroom filled with water. I doubt it will leak, but you just never know. Tomorrow I'm tackling spray painting the back. Should be fun!

Decided to get a couple new frags to go with the new tank :-D

image-1166292151.jpg

Bubble mushroom

image-863650116.jpg

Hairy mushroom

image-931502883.jpg

Acan

EriksFish315 said:
Good looking frags!

I couldn't help myself. It was buy two get one free day :-D. The little tank does look a bit crowded now, but I should have the other tank up by Monday evening.

Sniperhank said:
Im upgrading my 36 bowfront to a 55 gal tomorrow because of a leak. I know the feeling, it sucks...and then you have more room to play with so its all good.

LOL I know!! I can't help but jump up and down clapping my hands when I look at my new tank.

I know. I got all excited when I saw it. I just found this place. It is a one man shop started by a local guy who cleans tanks for a living, and he started this place mostly with frags from his own tanks. I like to support him rather than the lfs.

Of course, now I have to figure out what new fish to put in it. Maybe another clown so that I have two. Or perhaps a dwarf angle... Any suggestions. My chromie, clown and dottyback will of course be there :)

Back
Top Bottom