Trouble with my corals, could it be the led's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Carey, I don't have any direct experience with this issue, but what I have learned is be patient.

Don't expect quick results. I know what it's like to want to act immediately. I think you've done what the wise people here suggested. Now just to wait it out. ?

So some good news. The gsp rock that I moved to the biocube is opening a bit. :) The blues are only on but its the most activity with this coral I have seen in over two weeks. ANd the toadstool in the 180g is opening on one side, and there are no lights on at all, its the side that is closest to my patio door.

Should I maybe not put the lights on at all for a day or two? Or stay with the plan of blues only at a mimimum intensity?

I would stick with minimum intensity, if you go dark for a couple of days then your coral will have to adjust all over again, also if the coral sustained a fair amount of damage initially I would think they will still need some light to start the healing process

I'd go minimum to see if you can coax them out. Still find it strange that your coral reacted like this. The mysterys of our reefs eh...

I don't think this case is a mystery. Mother Nature didn't intend for light emitting diodes! Just so strong. If I had the ability to chagge to the 120 optics they are soon releasing for the radions I would and expect things to improve in my tank drastically.

Back
Top Bottom