Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-10-2013, 08:49 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Carey, I don't have any direct experience with this issue, but what I have learned is be patient.

Don't expect quick results. I know what it's like to want to act immediately. I think you've done what the wise people here suggested. Now just to wait it out. 😳

teklabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:31 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
So some good news. The gsp rock that I moved to the biocube is opening a bit. The blues are only on but its the most activity with this coral I have seen in over two weeks. ANd the toadstool in the 180g is opening on one side, and there are no lights on at all, its the side that is closest to my patio door.

Should I maybe not put the lights on at all for a day or two? Or stay with the plan of blues only at a mimimum intensity?

180g Reef - 60g Rimless Reef -90G FOWLR- 125g Malawi Cichlids- 40b REEF- 34g Fresh Planted-working on- 20L FOWLR- working on
I have a mix of many different saltwater fish amongst my tanks, but I love my Tangs most of all.
carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:42 AM   #23
Aquarium Advice FINatic
I would stick with minimum intensity, if you go dark for a couple of days then your coral will have to adjust all over again, also if the coral sustained a fair amount of damage initially I would think they will still need some light to start the healing process
manbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:44 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award
I'd go minimum to see if you can coax them out. Still find it strange that your coral reacted like this. The mysterys of our reefs eh...
Animal-Chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:16 PM   #25
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion
I don't think this case is a mystery. Mother Nature didn't intend for light emitting diodes! Just so strong. If I had the ability to chagge to the 120 optics they are soon releasing for the radions I would and expect things to improve in my tank drastically.

Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote

coral, corals, led, trouble

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com