trumpet coral position

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steo the great

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all I have a trumpet coral that never seems to open much during the day. Could this be because of position in the tank.

I have it about 3 week's now. And haven't ever seen it open much. And nitrates are zero. And have 3 w led lights. Everything else is flourishing.

Try another location. It may not like the lighting or the flow at its present spot. I had one that did the same thing. LiveAquaria recommends medium flow, lower to middle placement and moderate lighting.

Even then, you may just have to move them from place to place until you see them happy. Mine ended up about 1/3 way down tha tank almost under my circulation pump/

Its perfectly normal for candy canes to stay closed up during the day. At night is when they send out their feeding tenticles. I keep mine on the sand under LEDs with no problems.

I keep mine on the sand with Halides and low flow. They are doing great. One just made a new head actually.

I thought the corals didnt like being on the sand? And I have them changed into a mid height now and way less flow.

Do all trumpet corals expand alot or can they have variations that are more closed.

They inflate when happy. Sand or rock doesn't matter as much as flow and light for trumpets.

I'm curious about your specific gravity. Where are you keeping it?

Well it's glued to a rock that's on the sand. My other one is mid level and doing great.

Attachments

• image-2746419319.jpg
    image-2746419319.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 86
  • image-3759170086.jpg
    image-3759170086.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 87
Them pictures look good mate I'll send one of mine now. And I had it very highly the tank so about 1 and a half foot up on a 2 foot high tank.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121203_202340.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121203_202340.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 72
  • ForumRunner_20121203_202401.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121203_202401.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 70
I would try them as low as you can get them in a low-medium flow area.

Back
Top Bottom