update...just checked my readings and the ammonia levels rose from 0 to .25 in less than a week. im thinking its cus of this. nitrites are 0 and nitrates are 10 (ppm
is 8.1,calcium is 400 ppm
(maintained at 400 from top off tap water ,cant afford the alternitives) alk
reading says "normal"
i also have noticed a green algae that looks like hair bloom. could all this with the ammonia spike and everything be a effect of my lights being on longer? i know the algae is the result but would that make the snails more "active"?
should i leave the lights off til my levels go back to 0 and let the algae die out? seems that the diatoms are going away though.
im so confused on what to do and also worrying about my tank being unlevel about 1/8th" on one side. someone pls tell me that everyhting is ok.
sorry for the whining.