turbo snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scuba_steve

Aquarium Advice Addict
turbo snails eat all the macro algae that was on my rock is this normal and if so are there other snails that wont do this cause i like the plants in the tank ??

Most Snails eat algae, this is what they do. Hermits tend to eat it too.. Most macro aglae for marine aquariums is utilized in a refugium where there isn't a lot of snails or predators for it.. There are a lot of snails out there, but, the ones that are going to get rid of the nuisance algae, are going to love the macro... Good eats... JMO

thought they only eat micro but guess not they ate the whole plant in no time to funny though !! the hermits never messed with this but once the snail found his way up there it was lunch time !! oh well guess lesson learned here would rather have the macro in the tank first snails ive ever owned :-(

My turbos go crazy when I feed the Tang in my tank.. I put the NORI on the clip and they come a slidin 4 ft across the tank to get to it... It is funny to watch them tear it down...

Back
Top Bottom