Turbo snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vipvenom

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi, I have had several turbo snails that I have gotten from a friend and that came on liverock but they all keep dying. I have some other species of snails in my tank that are doing just fine. I was just wonder what would cause a turbo snail to just die? I also have blue legged hermit crabs.

hmmm, you might have some other issues here, considering your tangs death as well...

The turbos died before I even had the tang. I just got some more from some LR and they died as well. We are talking maybe 6snails total. My other snails are fine. I have some cerith snails, a conch, and some various other snails. Could the hermits be eating them?

they most deffinitly could be eatting them... make sure you have some shells for them to move into.

I have seen my blue hermits try out shells that are way to big for them, only to go back to an already too small shell. You may be experiencing the same thing where the hermits think that the shell will work, only to find out that it doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom