Turbo Snails.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

finest

Aquarium Advice Regular
what is the use of Turbo Snail?

how many Turbo Snail I need for my 50gal aquarium.

Turbo snails are good clean uo crew members. They will help keep the glass and sometimes LR clean. Depending on how established your tank, I would say a dozen to start with.

hmmm my tank is a 2 months old... so u think i need dozen off Turbo Snails

sure, I had two turbos before the flipped over and my hermits got them. They kept the walls of my tank free of any traces of algea. they ate it all up! Great addition to the tank.

Not too much that as keeping glass clean. Hermit crabs will do the dead fish in. reason I was asking about how old tank was because newer tanks wont have that much for them to eat as much as older tanks would. I`d recommend a clean up crew.

Hermit crabs,snails,crabs and shrimp and other inverts that help keep your tank clean. Clean up crew is what they call the package of these that you order.

the only thing i don't like about my turbos are how clumsy they are. I'm in the process of cementing all my lps down with aqua epoxy because the turbos keep knocking things over.

Hold on. There are several types of turbo snails out thre. Most are good at eatign alage. Some however eat different types of alage and they come in a varity of sizes.

For a 50 gallon I think 5 turbo snails would work fine. I like the mexican turbo of a larger size cause I have seen these guys clear rock that was infested with green algae within a few days.

Trust me get less than you need and see what happens. If you get too many what happens is they clear up the alage and then start to starve to death.

The appropiate thing to say is IMO and not trust me. It makes it sound like you are the only one right. Opinions are like armpits. We have two of them and they both stink.

Make sure if you get hermits, get extra shells for them to grow into....

jasno999 said:
Hold on. There are several types of turbo snails out thre. Most are good at eatign alage. Some however eat different types of alage and they come in a varity of sizes.

For a 50 gallon I think 5 turbo snails would work fine. I like the mexican turbo of a larger size cause I have seen these guys clear rock that was infested with green algae within a few days.

Trust me get less than you need and see what happens. If you get too many what happens is they clear up the alage and then start to starve to death.

all the turbo snails i have are mexican turbos. They knock stuff over all the time. IME, I would look for something smaller and less clumsy.

My guys are pretty good and don't knock stuff over. Get smaller ones or a different type of turbo. Turbos are still great helpers i nthe war against alage.

And wehn I said "trust me" I really meant TRUST ME. What I was sayign was not just my opinion but a simple fact that it is better to purchase less livestock and see how things work out instead of purchasing too many things and then havign things die due to starvation.

ok! btw my LR is infested by feather duster too so is that possible turbo snail kill my feather duster? I don't want to loose my feather duster

Back
Top Bottom