Twin spot goby pair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hiltymj

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I would really like to have two of these guys but I'm not sure how to sex them. Does anyone know any possible way to sex them?

I read that a good way to pair them up is to simply buy 3-4 and just let them do it on their own. I put out a thread like this and no one responded lol

Haha oh ok. Ya I might just buy 3 then lol. That's all my lfs has. Or maybe I cab find it online

Ha ya I'm not gonna do that. But say I do get three and they are all males lol then what. Or if I get 3 and 2 pair up then I feel bad for the one lonely goby! Lol. What to
Do what to do

You'd be very unlucky then.... Lol try to see if any of the gobies swim together or stay close to each other in the store. Buy those 2 and if they are paired, then they will build a burrow together in your tank. I bought a pair and 1 died and now I just have a lonely one! I'm so sad for it :(

Exactly I don't want anyone to be lonely! But sadly all the gobies are in separate tanks so I guess I'll just get them all and see what happens lol

Yep I'm doing it I'm going to get 3 or 4 of these guys and hope they pair up. And who ever doesn't is just going to go in the other tank!

Why thank you. And the best of luck to you! I'll post some pictures tonight and let you know how things are going

They only had two left so I took them and they are getting more in soon so I'll probably add some more later.

But I think it's true love!

Attachments

• image-695344745.jpg
    image-695344745.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 81
If they're not killing each other, then something must be going right lol. Hopefully they'll mate and you'll get a little baby twin spot goby haha

Ha ya they seem to like each other. They went right for eachother in the tank when I let them in.

And if they have a baby I will be so happy and go crazy lol

Attachments

• image-719896422.jpg
    image-719896422.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 100
That's good news! That sand looks a little too big I think though. These fish scoop up the sand and drag it through their gills and filter out food.

Ya i was worried but they have been sifting it fine. Or they will swish it around then spit it out. But I've only seen that twice so far

Ha I am so excited!

I put this large shell in my tank that I got from a friend and they made it their home!

Attachments

• image-4069390940.jpg
    image-4069390940.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 82
  • image-377216840.jpg
    image-377216840.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 90
Back
Top Bottom