Uhhhhhh just got home from work and my LR is a mess.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
An t-iasg... what Shop and Save are you reffering too?? I live a little north.. How are you.. .Thought I was the only one in the good half of the state doing this..are there others????

Billy Z

Biggen and reefnew told me in .. My ammonia is off the charts.. is this ok thread

Yes the spike is normal especially with uncured rock or previously cured rock with a lot of die-off. This is where your water changes come into play. When curing with LR a 50% water change daily is recommended to try and save all the little critters on the rock. It can lengthen your cycle a little but the extra life is important. your rock will begin to colonize good bacteria that will take care your ammonia. I use pretty basic terminology, I am sure Reefrunner will step in and elaborate with more specifics. But if you keep up with your water changes until your ammonia becomes stable at 0. As well as your nitrates and nitrites. You're on the right rack! Good luck and keep posting details and questions. It's worth it in the end.

That is why I started doing the water changes.. But I do appreciate the help so much Billy now I am just confused..You guys all have had soo much success and I just want so much to do it right.. I value both oponions so now I am very confused.. Granted it would be easier to not do the water changes but I don't want to do anything wrong..

What do you think I should do...... Really no more water changes till the cycle ends??

Thanks

Doan

Hi Doan,
The Shop 'n Save in Cranberry Township. I get a gallon of RO water every 2 to 3 weeks for my 5.5 gallon FW tank. I mix it with tap water, and it lowers the high pH of our water without using chemicals. Our water here is 8 or 8.2 from the tap.

I'm researching to start a SW tank this summer, but by then I hope to have my own RO unit. I plan to put it under the laundry tub. I have no room under my kitchen or bathroom sinks either.

I haven't seen anyone else here with Pittsburgh in their location, although several people just say Pennsylvania, and there is a member from Zelienople.

No way ok I am in butler and work in cranberry .. .hmm with one guy from zeilie maybe we could get together and do one of those live sand swaps...

Let me know

Doan

Back
Top Bottom