Un5tab1e's first reef adventure.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh no I'm sorry :( RIP little guys.
Have you tested pH and salinity? Just to cover all your bases.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yeah ph stays around 8. My opinion is they where sick to begin with. My yellow tail and firefish are doing great.... You need a firefish in your tank. I have the red one and it's fun to watch. Especially when it darts into its hole to hide.

Haha:) I do like the purple ones. Although not a fan of the stripe down their forehead giving them an angry face.

Were they covered in a whiteish coating?

Not that I could tell. Both had a white growth in they're mouths that I didn't notice until the blues came on. My lfs has a no warranty once they go out the door policy

Found this shell while cleaning some LR the other day. It was full of junk. One of the hermits made his own hole in it uploadfromtaptalk1410914734393.jpguploadfromtaptalk1410914743189.jpg

Haha what a resourceful little guy :)

Very, they are a dragonet not blenny. They have very specific dietary needs and require large mature tanks to be successful.

Thanks. I thought that when I seen them listed with the mandarins. I love the way they look though.

Yeah mandis are my favorite fish, but I've never owned them because I've never run a tank bigger than a 40b display and I just don't think that's enough for a dragonet. A pair will definitely be in my upgrade though, building a big tank just for them :)

I'm going to go for a year with the 29 and see how well I can keep things going. If I succeed then I want to upgrade to a 40b and use the 29 as a sump. Other than ordering from glass cages I can't find a pre drilled 40.

That is the AquaFuge PS - Large. Or at least that is what it was originally designed as. CPR Aquatic has upgraded the production to the AquaFuge2 PS systems, but china is still selling off the originals.

I have that exact HOB fuge/skimmer that I was using on my 30 gal. I have set it up 1 other time for a coral holding tank. All in all I think that is a great option for a system that cannot take a sump. It took my trates from around 80 to 0 in short order with a chaeto ball in there with some rock rubble.

There were a couple minor quality issues (it was slightly angled and the collection cup holding screw is, screwy. I filed the hanger so it was perfectly level (until I moved the tank and found the floor was slightly off, shouldn't have bothered) and I used a small wooden wedge to hold the cup at the right height.

All in all, I highly recommend the knock off versions as the minor faults are not worth the big bucks for the original version.

Guess I'm going to try the clowns again. Got 2 tomato clowns that where playing together in the lfs tank. Wish me luck lol

Tomato clowns are so cute:) They're one of the most aggressive clown species though.

Yeah the one that's all fanned out in the pic had already put the damsel in its place. They've taken up in the firefish corner though. Dunno how that's going to work out.

Nice to see your tank coming along.

Back
Top Bottom