Undergravel Return???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NGaHurricane

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am in the middle of a build and saw someone had posted on youtube a return that went under the gravel. Does anyone know anything about this, pros/cons??? I have never heard of this, but am willing to try anything new with data to support it being beneficial.

so does anyone know of a return being run back into the aquarium under the gravel?

Hmm I don't know how much that would help. How would it be able to get the big piece of debris and such that can turn into nitrates?

idk that is why i was asking..... I believe the theory is that the return coming under the gravel will not allow them to settle and picked up by "bottom feeders" and "tank cleaning animals." Also that they would get picked up via the draining lines to the filter. Again, I have no data or information to support such a set up.

idk that is why i was asking..... I believe the theory is that the return coming under the gravel will not allow them to settle and picked up by "bottom feeders" and "tank cleaning animals." Also that they would get picked up via the draining lines to the filter. Again, I have no data or information to support such a set up.

Hmm well I don't know! That's a cool idea! How does the sand not go into the drain?

Back
Top Bottom