Unknown leather - has simularites to kenya tree

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfreek

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok. This is a small leather that came attached to one of the live rocks I got off of a guy last week who was tearing his system down. When I asked him what it was all he could tell me was that it was a green tree coral.

The stalk is a dark color with a hint of green in it.

Unknown_Leather.jpg

Hm, I was looking thru my books thinking it might be a Nephthea

Kevin what would you need to get a better idea? Closeup on the polyp?

IMO, it would be very difficult to distinguish between Capnella and Nepthea, bot are genus of the Neptheidae family. Not real sure, a close up of the polyp, one branch and another pic when it is completely open would be helpful, maybe.

one branch and another pic when it is completely open would be helpful,

It is as open as I had seen it in that photo. I have only had it a week but thats about as open as I think it gets.

I just moved them to the 45 so I will try to get som emore pics later.

I'd say almost definitely capnella...especially with the hint of green. And the kind of wrinkled looking stalk looks very much like a capnella that just needs a little time in a good spot to really beef up. Is it kind of firm like a capnella?

Here is another photo that might help better. I moved it over to the 45 and it seems the light is brigher over there.

Green_tree.jpg

Back
Top Bottom