Unusualness/45 build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh....so temporarily.....how deep a sandbed? And what kind of ?

Ok I can do that, how bout the octopus? What kind and what would they need if I went that route? And also, how long do you think I could keep the garden eels?

octopus don't need a deep sand bed, but they need rock work to hide in, and a very tight fitting lid with some bricks or something heavy on top of it so they don't escape. they are highly intelligent and will escape if they can. i haven't heard of one that ate prepared foods, so you'll have to feed it live.
i don't know the names of the species that stay small. you'll have to do some research on your own. i've never kept one, so hopefully someone else will chime in.
i'm also not sure about the garden eels, but i'm not even sure why you would want to keep them. you could achieve almost the same thing with engineer gobies.

Ok thanks, so I'll avoid garden eels but look into octopi, any other suggestions? And thanks a bunch!

nothing cooler than rhinopias IMO. why does it matter if they are venomous? just don't pet them!
rhinopias - Google Search

Not to steal a thread or anything, but I agree with swim, those look fricken scary, but at the same time it would be awesome to have one. They look like they'd be difficult to keep though...

How difficult are they, aren't they coldwater? The cuttlefish I mean

Everything you're looking at is pretty difficult, this is the price you pay with unusual. :)

The only trick with them is that its hard to feed babies and the best survival rates are in shipping eggs. They don't need cold water, they'd prefer temps under 78 but they live well in reef tanks without stinging corals.

Go read up at tonmo.com forums for both octopi and cuttlefish.

cuttlefish are awesome. they don't have a very long lifespan though. about a year or so i hear. they are super smart also.

i heard one solved a rubiks cube!
beavisbutthead.gif

Copper banded butterflyfish that is, cuz it's big but it's got a little mouth?

Back
Top Bottom