Unusualness/45 build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But that octopus is almost as big as the shark! Plus the tentacles are bigger in comparison to the body! I can't picture the cuttlefish grabbing the CBB with it's chameleon tongue thingy either

na..it will grab it like it grabbed the crabs in this vid. trust me, they are a species only tank creature.

Can they get out as well as octopi or do they stay in the tank fairly well?

They stay in pretty well. They don's use the tentacles for locomotion, so no motor skills to break out but they are really smart. I'd think a lid would still be a good idea

I found a place.....should I get them as eggs? It sounds like the smarter choice but I'm not sure

If you have the research and resources to get them as eggs then do so, like what was stated earlier they don't live long.

Are you sure they are sepia bandensis eggs? Otherwise it might be too big for your tank.

What about a mantis shrimp? Those guys are awesome!

Doesn't matter, people have this fear they will break the tank, but they won't. Not like they'll just go and smash the tank wall for no reason

Really? I've heard all sorts of horror stories, and cant you figure out that they're there bye listening for tapping?

I would just like to add on the cuttle fish of how awesome they are. They can change their color and pattern within the blink of an eye.... how awesome is that!?!? IMO, there's no aquarium fish more awesome than that. They are capable of having over 100 colors and patterns, too.

+1 for the cuttlefish! :)

I'd love one but their lives are just so short and I worry about how attached I would become

Back
Top Bottom