Not sure if I'll go reef, but I'm leaning that way. I've been buying the necessary equipment in case. Here's some questions for those who wouldn't mind answering them:
35 gallon marine tank on day 3 of a fishless cycle
20 lbs of live rock (I'll be adding more in a week as I'm going away for a few days)
3" of carib sea substrate with 1/2" of crushed coral
filter with carbon for now, I'll be doing a HOB
skimmer or a sump once established, not sure which yet
Added a raw shrimp yesterday
1. Coral first or live stock?
I was thinking I'll let it cycle until December 26 and then get a bad-*** CUC from Big Al's, wondering if all levels are great if I can maybe add a few strong coral before this.
2. Do I quarantine my CUC or corals?
3. What are the extra tests that I need to do for a reef tank?
4. What's the best test kit to use?
5. I have a 10 gallon tank that I'll be setting up as a QT, please give suggestions.
My husband doesn't get it. He thinks I'm crazy for staring into an 'empty' tank with a flashlight and for getting excited that my levels are going up lol. At least he tries to understand when I explain Nitrites, Nitrates, pH, ammonia, etc. to him
Anyone else have a spouse that doesn't get it?