Update!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

XxVooDooxX

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just wanted to post an update. My tank is two weeks into cycling and going strong! I'm super excited! No background yet but I'll put one on this weekend. The brown algae has taken over most rocks and a good part of the sand bed but is starting to dissipate. Yay!

Attachments

• image-725378327.jpg
    image-725378327.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 120
Ok update on the update :) water levels are as follow
Ammonia- 0-.25
Nitrite- 1.0
Nitrate 80
How far off from a water change am I? And when I do a WC what % should I change?

I'd wait until Ammonia and Nitrite are both at 0. Did you use the raw shrimp method for cycling? Wait and see what someone else says about %. Its been over a year so I can't remember what I did after the cycle.

no I didnt use any shrimp. I just let the tank do its own thing. I did have a large spike when I first got it going but all the LR I got was already cycled and most of it I got covered in Coraline. its taking a while but the readings I have been getting for the past week were high but stable and thats testing every day. Now they are finally starting to drop

Someone else will have to chime in. I don't know how that works without a continous ammonia source. I'm guessing your initial ammonia is from the die off of your LR. I like the tank, just doesn't look like the stand offers much room for a sump. Are you seeing many critters from the LR?

YES! actually today I just noticed some very small pink tube worms on some of the LR. must be 100 of them! and what looks like little tiny brown pollups of some kind. They weren't there last night....none of them! Now theres loads of things happening! just today is when I found that super gross monster worm too!

and FYI there is no room for a sump so Im really just using this tank to get me started then asap I'm going to upgrade to something a little more suitable

Back
Top Bottom