1. Yes, you should rinse out the sponge with each PWC
2. Most crabs are opportunistic feeders. (what are your water parameters) but I doubt an emerald would take out a healthy fish.
3. Congrats on knocking out the cyano
with no chemicals.
4. I had issues with algae and cyano
(by the way cyano
is a bacteria) when I used IO (but I am on well water...not all water is the same). I don't use red sea, but it would be my guess, that the red sea corals is designed for ading more trace elements, specifically for a reef tank (wiat till you get a reefer's experiences).
5. Hey, that's me! go for the 75 GPD (they say these have a better rejection rate..good thing). Also, find one with see through containers.
6. Why do you want to take out the rock? You shouldn't have any issues. We like to shoot for 1.5-2LBs per gallon of rock.
7. Sweet! This should also be rinsed out in your old SW
, when you do a PWC
8. I run purigen. It is rechargable and some great stuff.
9. Good job, looks like you are on the right track.