Upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jessicasmarine

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I recently purchased a 125g on the cheap. Now I can start the upgrade process of my 55g. Hopefully I can get a lot of photo documentation of my inevitable mistakes to show the next person what not to do. I will be using most of the equipment out of my 55 and eventually the 55 itself will be the sump. Any thoughts or suggestions along the way will be much appreciated. :p

Seeing what you have done with the 55 and the advice you have given others, I think you will need minimal help and it will be awesome. BTW, thank you for your service. 20 years AF retired here 1985-2005.

I have another question. My tank is 60"x18.5"x24.5" outside measurements. What is the exact size of this AQ? anyone?

I went from a 55 gallon to a 125 gallon and it was not hard at all. You`ll do fine.

I have a 48" 4x54 T5HO light (2 actinic, 2 12000k), It leaves six inches of space on all four sides of the light over the tank. Is this enough light for my 120 (I've decided to call it a 120, until further notice:D)

Is it obvious as to the fall off of light in those areas? You could use those outer areas for lower light animals. Mushrooms, Zoas, Palytoas, etc.

Also you can add floor lamps to the sides to get better lighting in at all levels, I know you got a salt tank but its worked wonders on my planted 55 FW.

Again thanks for your service, Us army k-love(97-02) combat vet.

23688-albums589-picture4487.jpg

23688-albums589-picture4488.jpg

The stand frame, will be supported verically and horizontally by 1x4" slats.

another question... after my cycle and I switch everything over, Im going to use my 55 as a sump/fuge. My stand design has two braces in the front middle to support the weight, so it will have three doors. How do I get the 55 in the stand after my 120 is setup?

I thought about that. But I only have a 30" space on each side of the tank for a 48" tank to go under. I think I decided to move the location of the 120 to make it possible. Pending Spousal Approval

You could cut the 55g in half...........Sooo sorry...it must be the Flu,,,,I had a moment there..LOL
Now back to the build,....

you could cut the 55g in half...........sooo sorry...it must be the flu,,,,i had a moment there..lol
now back to the build,....
UUhhhh.....
Instead...I decided to leave the front open with temporary braces and install the permanents after the switch. plus
TC.......they make medicine for you people.lol

Back
Top Bottom