Upgrade to a 55

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ff.rice

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello all, I am planning to upgrade my 30 to a 55 and don't know if I should use the same 10 gallon sump tank or if I should use the emptied 30 gallon tank for the sump on the new tank?!?!

That was my original plan. I was planning out my course of action moving things over and was thinking about how to make the modifications to the 30 after I empty it and figured I could just use the 10 temporarily..... Then wondered about just keeping the 10.... So I think I'll just plan on using the 10 until I can make the modifications..... What size return pump would be optimal for a 55 with a 30 gallon sump?!?! I want as much flow as possible without stirring up my sand..... Any recommendations with this?

if you have room, you could setup the 30 and 10 together and make a 40 sump :D

normally return pumps.... you should look at around 10x the amount of volume of water. eg 55g = 550 gph pump.

If your going with a bigger sump I would go with a 75 gal. its the same length as the 55 only wider I think you'll be happier with the better options for setups

I would like to go with a 75..... But I already have the 55.... If I can find a 75 cheap enough before I change out I may do that, but right now I'm kinda just going with what I got.

Thats Kool, just a thought if you upgrade in the future you could also consider a 90 same length as the 55.

Back
Top Bottom