Upgraded for christmas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scooterdragon

Aquarium Advice Activist
Going from my standard 55 gal from petco to a new 60 gal drilled tank with a two in drain and 1 in inlet inside of the corner overflow and three additional 1 in inlets on the back glass wall with a black stand and canopy

Nice tank mate :)...how much did you buy it ?

Last edited by a moderator:
It was $425 for the tank and furniture and am getting a rio 20 hf thrown in for a freebee

What turn over rate should I aim for if I want to keep Lps And mushrooms ?

Nice tank, that's a sweet setup. Those extra inlets will allow for nice flow and reduce if not eliminate the need for powerheads. I would use lokline on all the outlets, able to be aimed or split to blast 2 directions out of each. I would also suggest looking at using the ports on the back as a closed loop and just use the one with the drain as a return. If you do this then you could run one pump sized for your desired flow as a "powerhead" for intank circulation plus having your drain and return.

Nice tank, that's a sweet setup. Those extra inlets will allow for nice flow and reduce if not eliminate the need for powerheads. I would use lokline on all the outlets, able to be aimed or split to blast 2 directions out of each. I would also suggest looking at using the ports on the back as a closed loop and just use the one with the drain as a return. If you do this then you could run one pump sized for your desired flow as a "powerhead" for intank circulation plus having your drain and return.

Thanks and the is kind of the plan

Is this the correct glue?

Attachments

• image-4249971722.jpg
    image-4249971722.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 112
So I got the tank stand and hood home today but soon realized my sump/refuge (20 gallon long ) tank wouldn't fit thru the doors so here I go cuttin the the stand

If you can try to keep your cutting to the back of the stand where it's less visible and make sure you reinforce it afterwards. Don't want that fancy new tank falling.

I'm a carpenter by trade so I've already fixed that hiccup lol here are pictures off the new opening and 2 x4 reinforcements and the sump/ refuge under the stand. I do need a handful more screws tho

Attachments

• image-3875051855.jpg
    image-3875051855.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 74
  • image-1805190717.jpg
    image-1805190717.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 90
Back
Top Bottom